Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In!... or not so much...

What a week!  I got sick last Thursday with the start of a long, achy, sniffling cold.  I am still sick.  Longest. cold. ever.  I don't see it letting up any time soon.  I am also on my period.  I know TMI.  But sorry, it's nature.  This means I can't get enough chocolate!  Even through my feeling like shit, I have made chocolate covered Oreo balls, chocolate coconut clusters, and chocolate chip cookies... oh boy.  Reason 1 why I will not be weighing in today. 

I think I am going to wait until after Christmas to get back into the grove of working out and weighing in.  I know I should just stick through it, but  I am sick and I don't feel like it. 

This weekend was pretty eventful.  We had Nate's work Christmas party on Saturday night and we hosted a Christmas party with his immediate family and my immediate family on Sunday afternoon.  That means Saturday we spent the day cleaning out house.  I love those days!  Sunday was fun, people started arriving around 2pm.  We made pasta, garlic bread, Caesar salad, and had bruschetta and chips and salsa for appetizers.  We also had 4 dogs running around!  My mom, my sister and I all have cockapoos.  So we had Gracie, Bella, and my two Sadie and doberman puppy Panzer.  Good thing my mom bought some bones to chew on, because that at least kept my two occupied (the two rowdiest ones!)  She just informed me that she bought enough to occupy them over Christmas day also :) what a good mom!  I have pics of this day on a different camera, but I don't know where the thing to put the SD card in to go into the computer is. So, those will have to wait. 

Monday and yesterday I was still pretty sick. Did not want to do anything.  I had to close the restaurant last night, so I didn't get home until about midnight.  

Today I have been trying to organize my life by paying bills, doing some laundry, and organizing cupboards and drawers.  I have now organized the spice/baking cupboard and have an official drawer for all the extra party paper plates, cups, and plastic silverware... I don't know what we are going to do with them all, we have a ton of them!  And I finally have a drawer that is for towels and oven mitts.  (I know, this is what it's like being an adult, I am excited about organized drawers!!)  Now I just have to organize the 4 other junk drawers we have in the kitchen.  (if it was up to me I would just take the whole drawer out and empty it into the trash... but Nate wouldn't be too happy with me...)

I am hoping on Friday (my day off) to organize our bedroom and put all the laundry away. (yikes) I want to get this house pretty organized before my two weeks of working with only 1 day off (Christmas).  Yep, that's what I get when I ask the scheduling manager to schedule me as much as he wants.  I work Christmas eve day, and then the day after Christmas for the next 12 days straight.  Awesome. 

This post was kind of boring.. I will try to make the next one more interesting with pictures :)




No comments:

Post a Comment