Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Post-Christmas blah's

  I am seeing a trend while reading blogs... everyone is in a blah state.  I am also.  I need to put my house back together, put away gifts, do laundry, dishes, etc. I will, just not right now :)

Weighing myself this morning and I weigh 220.0.  Not as bad as I thought.  Just gained a couple pounds which is standard over the holiday.  We had an excellent Christmas Eve dinner.  My sister is an amazing cook!  She made ham, au graten potatoes, and garlic green beans.  I had seconds.  Then my mom made a chocolate chip pie.  I shouldn't have had a slice, but I did anyway.  Christmas day we had an assortment of good food.  We hosted Christmas at our house and everyone brought a dish to share.  I had some spinach dip, pasta salad, bruschetta, bbq meatballs and weiners, and artichoke pizza.  There was nothing on the menu that was good for you, so I just (tried) to stick to small portions.

Our Christmas Eve dinner table

Christmas Eve is our tradition for opening the presents from family members, then Santa comes Christmas day to fill our stocking and deliver one more gift.

Here is our truck going to my parents house filled with presents.


Once we were done with dinner and gifts my family and I played the game Quelf.  This game is hilarious! 

 
 It is definitely more fun with alcohol.  There it's like the drinking game categories, where there can be rules, stunts, or different categories you have to name.  It is best to go into this game with an open mind and don't hold back.  Everyone will have to do something embarrassing, so it will be more fun to just go with the flow and do what the card says.  I had to recite Shakespeare on my knees, and talk with my belly button!  It is guarenteed laughter!
 
We also had 4 dogs at my parents house.  My mom, sister and I all have cockapoos and then we also have our doberman.  Needless to say it was pretty chaotic at times. 
 
 
My Sadie wearing a doggie hoodie. :)
 
 
My sister getting the dogs to sit... looks like Sadie and Gracie got it down, Panzer is still learning :)  (Gracie is to the left of my sister, behind the table... you can only see her head and foot)
 
I promise I will get back into trying to eat healthy and exercise soon.  I work the next 12 days in a row... starting with 5 doubles.  I will be busy for the next 2 weeks, but we will see what happens.  Weigh-In Wednesdays will also come back!  For now, might go to bed soon.. another 10 hour shift tomorrow bartending :)



No comments:

Post a Comment