Monday, December 3, 2012

please wear deodorant

Made it to the gym today.  Did couch to 5k, and it was painful.  I don't know why I was struggling with it so much.  Here's to hoping the next workout will be more successful, which won't be until Wednesday :(

 After I struggled though the running workout I went on the elliptical. Not two minutes later there was a horrible stench.. someone forgot their deodorant today and they decided to hop on the machine next to me. Oh man it was awful.  First, of course I checked to make sure it wasn't me.. it wasn't, I smelled "shower fresh" and it was wonderful.  Too bad I couldn't continue on the elliptical with my nose in my armpit to get rid of the odor that was to the right of me.  I contemplated getting off the machine and onto another one, but I thought that would be too obvious.  Then I see that she is getting off the machine (thank the lord!).. only to get on the machine to the left of me... ugh. Now the stench has traveled and I am in a bubble of this women's (yes it was a woman!) body odor.  So now it is time to get off, because I am gagging.

Nate was working out in the weight room and still had a half hour left, so I decided since it was so nice out to walk home.  (We live less than a mile from the Y).  I would have stayed and done another machine, but I needed to get home anyway to shower because I had to get to class.

In other news, the flu has made it to our house :( Jr. got sick tonight.  I will be staying home with him tomorrow (which is why I can't make it to the gym until wed.)  Hope my flu shot I got this year will save me from flu season.

Finally, saw this on facebook and have to share it. 

Awesome moments in history -- In 1967, Kathrine Switzer was the first woman to run the Boston marathon. After realizing that a woman was running, race organizer Jock Semple went after Switzer shouting, “Get the hell out of my race and give me those numbers.” However, Switzer’s boyfriend and other male runners provided a protective shield during the entire marathon.The photographs taken of the incident made world headlines, and Kathrine later won the NYC marathon with a time of 3:07:29. [Wiki] / ~ In appreciation of all you strong women and all your supportive partners out there!
 
 
Now get out there and run!
 

1 comment:

  1. I would be running, as soon as this broken ankle is healed! sorry about the flu! yuck!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete