Thursday, December 6, 2012

Down a notch!

Went to another class today at the Y.  This one was called Body Reform.  I was (again) intimidated because the description is " an intense, interval-based class that combines bursts of cardio and strength training to improve endurance and build muscle " intense was the word that scared me.  I sucked it up, dragged a friend with me and we went to class.  This one was hard, but good.  I was dripping with sweat within the first 10 minutes, but that's good right? 

I will say that I avoided fitness classes for years for fear of being the fat kid in class and not being able to keep up.  I have to say that I am glad I went yesterday and today, and I will continue to go.  There are people all ages and sizes.  I might be slower now, but that is because I have 70lbs of extra weight that I am carrying around.  If any skinny person wears an extra 70lbs of weight on themselves, they would be slower too.  I have to keep telling myself that.

Oh, and I am down a belt notch!! wahoo!!! hopefully soon I will out of the 18's and into the 16's. :)

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Sweet Pea Sylvie's blog hop, i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I am in exactly the same boat as you. Imagine how strong we'll be when we lose the weight!! :)

    I'm your newest follower! Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you will!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
    Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats sarah! thats so exciting :) i wish i had the motivation to go to fitness classes more often - lots of them can be so intense and really give me the push that i need! - glad i found your cute blog from the friends to followers hop ... excited to be your newest follower!
    love,
    elisabeth

    p.s i'd love for you to drop by lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com and say hi when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete