Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday night randomness

If you work in the restaurant industry you know that your work week is usually over the weekends.  I have been working weekends for almost 12 years now.  I don't mind it, I am just glad right now I actually have Sunday's off so I can do my homework. 

Thursday, Friday and Saturday I put in about 10 hours each day serving tables and/or bar tending.  I went to the gym Thursday morning doing a body reform class.  I had every intention on going to the gym Friday morning and Saturday morning, but I am always so exhausted.  Working 10 hours on your feet is SO tiring.  I have worn a pedometer while at work and it averages out around 10,000 steps per day. Breaks are only if there are no customers that I have to wait on.  I think on Friday it took me an hour to eat my lunch because we always had customers, and Saturday my lunch got thrown away because it had been that long since I touched it. :(  I know it will be the same when I am a nurse.  At least I am used to being on my feet all day!! I couldn't imagine a desk job.

My diet has been okay this weekend. Lunch's consist of salads and sweet potato's.  Once my shift is done I am usually starving, my husband almost always has pizza on weekends. ugh. and he ordered half a pizza with my favorite topping (pineapple) which he won't touch.  I would feel bad if I didn't have a slice... I know that losing weight is going to be super hard when you live with someone who likes junk food.  I will have to keep healthier options in the house and try not to give in to the bad stuff that smells so good... and tell him not to order pizza with my toppings on it. 

Today I went to the dog park with my pups.  It was SOO SNOWY! I was a little nervous driving there, but I was meeting friends, so I couldn't turn around.  The pups had fun! They like chasing each other and chasing after balls. It was a good way to wear them out also so I could focus on homework later.

This week is finals week! YAY!!! I have A's in all my classes and hope to maintain those this week.  I would have to do some major damage not to keep them, but there is always a worry that I will screw something up.  I have never gotten straight A's in high school or college.  Now that I am back in college, I am really applying myself and this will be the second quarter of straight A's.  I am pretty proud of this. 

Tomorrow I am planning on going to step class at 8:30 in the morning and then take a final in Anatomy and Physiology. By Friday I will be done for the quarter and have 3 weeks off!! Can't wait to not worry about school for a little while. 

I was trying to upload pics from my phone, but it's being difficult, so those will have to wait.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment