Thursday, April 4, 2013

Registered for my first 5K!

It's Thursday already! This week has gone by way too fast.  I start school back up again on Monday.  I am excited to go back!  We have a lot of clinicals this quarter, and I am looking forward to getting into different facilities and seeing what nurses do and participating in that. 

Since it's break that means I have been working a lot, which isn't a bad thing, but it reminds me why I have a love/hate relationship with the restaurant business. Last week I got yelled at.. wait, I mean SCREAMED at by a customer last week to the point of tears (in which I still have no clue what set her off, and neither does my boss).  Then other days, it doesn't seem like work, just making drinks having a good time.  It definitely doesn't hurt that restaurant employees are the most layed back group of people I have ever met with no barrier when it comes to conversation topics. (my favorite kind of people)

This week  I have also been dealing with a dog with blocked up anal glands.. putting my nursing skills to work early!  A broken tv.. which means we bought a new one...and more debt. A continually messy house with laundry that is always building. Losing my license plate in the car wash (seriously? only me).  And registering for a mud run!

Let's get to that shall we?

My first 5k and I chose a mud run.. with obstacles... I have to stop forgetting that I am not the girl I used to be in high school!  However, Couch to 5 K is in full effect and I am GOING to continue after week 2!  Week 3 is not going to scare the hell out of me anymore... 3 minutes of straight running, here I come! That 3 minutes in 9 weeks is going to turn into 3 miles of straight running.  June 9th is the mud run, and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment