Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Training outside

Went running today on the trail in our neighborhood.  I was going to go to the Y, but at 4pm.. it is PACKED!!! Holy crap, could not find a parking spot.  So instead I took Panzer our Doberman out for a jog and completed Week 3 Day 2.

I'm finding it a little harder to run on pavement vs. the treadmill.  Maybe it's because I have a 7 month old dog dragging me in every direction possible because he gets distracted easily.. idk.  My shins were killing me today.  They usually hurt when I run on the treadmill, but I swear today was awful. I need to practice running outside though because obviously the mud run that I signed up for won't be on a treadmill. 

Here are some pics of the run.

 
During the walking portion of my run.. he got distracted by a twig

We are jogging now.. things are going good!

That didn't last long... now he is dragging me off the trail.
 
Oh man, I lost him...
 
 Just kidding with the last pic, he was attached to me the whole time.
 
 
Now, I am going to relax, get some school work done and maybe put ice on my legs. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment