Monday, April 8, 2013

C25K W3D1

Successfully did week 3 day 1 of c25k.  This was the week I never have done.  I was scared of the three minutes of straight running.  I have no clue why.  Maybe it was because when I first started c25k I could hardly run for a minute.  Then when I would move on to week 2, I could barely run for 90 seconds.    Well I can tell my endurance is increasing because running for three minutes is hard, but nothing I can't handle.  Although... I will say, choose what you eat wisely before running.  Even when it is 3 hours before a workout.

Nate and I were out running errands today and he wanted to stop and get Taco Johns grilled chicken burrito.  Well, that sounded good to me and I checked the time, it was three hours before I was planning on going to the gym.  My plan was to go to the gym at 5pm because there was a 5:40 class I wanted to take, that way I could get my running in and then go to the class.   Well, I started running on the treadmill and it started.  The gurgling, the mild pain - that turned into a constant ache, and the nausea.  I knew what it was as soon as it started... the grilled chicken burrito.  I told myself, get through this workout without puking please.. it would be quite embarrassing to puke at the gym.  I powered through it, got off the treadmill and left.  I did not make it to the workout class. 

I realized that people who workout regularly (especially in the afternoon or evening) eat healthy during the day because they know about the ache!  It is going to be way easier now knowing that I have a workout to do in the evenings now (because of my schedule change) to eat healthier throughout the day, so I guess that's a plus!

Today was the first day of another quarter of nursing school.  We have a lot of clinicals this quarter which will be fun! Except that they start at the butt-crack of dawn.  I am going to have to start being a morning person real quick... My first clinical is at a hospital either in surgery or helping patients recover from surgery.  Let's hope I am not a fainter!

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment