Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Week 4 Day 1

Well I did it, got through the entire week 3!  Week 4 is alternating 3 minutes of running and 5 minutes of running, with walking breaks.  I was nervous about the 5 minutes of running, but not as bad as how I was nervous for the 3 minutes of running since starting the c25k back in the fall.  As soon as I was done with the first 5 minutes of running I looked over at Nate who was on the treadmill next to mine and wanted to celebrate!!! A high five was our celebration, because soon after my victory walk I was back to running again.  The second five minute run was harder, I was more tired, but I didn't quit.  What a great workout!  I was sweating, breathing heavy, BUT I think I forgot to put on deodorant... FUCK!  Hope I wasn't too smelly.  Nate would have told me if I was.  We are honest like that with each other.  After the treadmill we went to the weight room.  I am always intimidated by the weight room.  A bunch of guys, grunting, and I sweat they are looking at me weird because I was the only girl in there at the time... and I'm fat. 

I found an arm workout on Pinterest that I want to try out.  One of the things I think my body needs the most work on are my arms.  Here is the workout. This picture is what inspired me.

 
My arms definitely look like the top pictures, they might even be a little bigger.  If I can get my arms to look like the bottom picture by the 4th of July... I'll take it!!  I did the workout today with 12 lb weights... might move up to 15lbs. 
 
I am still working on my diet.  I can't stand counting calories, even though that's the only way I am going to lose weight.  I make healthy choices most of the time, and I am working on my cravings. 
 
By the end of next week I have to run 20 minutes straight, with no walking... kind of intimidating..but I am GOING to accomplish it. 
 
5K is June 8th.. can't wait!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment