Saturday, April 27, 2013

W5D3 FAIL...

I was dreading this run... did't want to do it, didn't think I could do it.. and of course, I didn't run the whole time.  Today I was supposed to run 2 miles or 20 minutes straight.  Okay, how the hell is a non-runner supposed to go from 8 minutes of running to 20 minutes of running the next day?!?  wtf?

So today, I had high hopes.  I was planning on going to the Y and running on the treadmill, but then I thought... it's gorgeous out and I have to be inside all day for work, why don't I go on the trail.  For me, running outside is a lot harder than running on a treadmill.  I feel like I am going way slower, and breathing much heavier. 

I got out of bed and tried to look for a running app I could use on my phone to track my run.  I see people do it all the time on facebook, they have the map they ran, distance, and time.  So, I look through the apps and download one.  Well maybe I am not tech savy.. or just a moron, but I couldn't figure the damn app out.  So I have no clue how far I ran, I guestimated about 2 miles.  I ran to Mount Kato which is a downhill ski resort about a mile away from my house.  And when I say "ran" I really mean, jog slowly and stopped for walking breaks. 

I was out on the trail for about 40 minutes... so maybe that makes up for the 20 minutes of straight running I was supposed to do?  I will try this day again either tomorrow or Monday on the treadmill... but I HAVE to get used to running outside!  Like I said, the mudrun in June is outside.. and now I am scared shitless on if I am going to complete it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment