Monday, July 30, 2012

Cabin Weekend!

Cabin weekend was fun as always... came back with a sunburn and with more weight piled on :(... That will change. 


We left Thursday night to stay up in the cities with a few friends.  Nate wanted to check out Toby Keith's bar, so we did that, stayed up way too late (3:30ish am) and wanted to be on the road by 8, with a buffer hour of 9 (that is so I don't get too cranky when people aren't moving as fast as I want them to *cough Nate*)  we left at 9:11am.  I knew I wasn't going to really watch what I eat... it's cabin weekend! The burgers we had at 3:00am didn't help either.


Friday we hit the road! energy drink in hand.  It takes about 4 1/2 hours to get to the cabin. I am driving my friends Scott and Sheena up while Nate is on his motorcycle.  Our first stop is near Baxter, MN.  This was just supposed to be a quick stop for lunch.  It ended up taking at least an hour.  We stop at Grizzly's Woodfire Grill, because Sheena and Scott used to work there with me.. not at that exact one, but the one in Mankato.  I still work there, so I wasn't too enthused. Have lunch, complete with an appetizer of Nachos.  I had a cashew chicken salad sandwich with a ranch salad.  Probably not the best choice.  Then Nate gets the idea that he wants to buy a telescope for the cabin.  He has been talking about this for a while, but when he wants something, he has to find it right then and there.  So after lunch we go to Walmart that was 2 miles back.  They didn't have one.  Scott decides to call Mills Fleet Farm... and wouldn't you know, they have one left.  So Nate gets his telescope for the cabin.  (Yes, he looks like a hardass, but he is a nerd at heart).  Finally back on the road.


The cabin is still 2 1/2 hours away.  Scott and I decide to play the alphabet game while Sheena sleeps in the back.  It took a good hour and a half, and I believe we are still on the letter X.  It did make the time fly by though, which was nice.  We get a call from Nate in Cass Lake (30 minutes to the cabin) he had to stop for gas, and now wants to buy a couple more things for the cabin from the grocery store... Sheena and I are getting a little irritated, because my mother informs me that happy hour has already started, and we just want to be up there.  Finally after at least a half hour stop.. we are back on the road.  Although, we still have one more stop to make... at the Pennington store for ice.


We get there, and in good old cabin fashion, a beer is cracked as soon as we get there :), yep, not going to count any calories from this point on...


That night we had burgers... but not just any old burger, Scott (being the chef that he is) ground his own sirloin for all of us... holy cow deliciousness!  My burger had Pepper Jack Cheese, sauteed onions, and brown sugar bacon... again, we are not worrying about being fatty's...


We also, did not stop drinking from the moment we got there... now that being said, I wasn't drunk the whole time. I actually didn't get drunk until Saturday night.  But at cabin weekend, it is pretty customary to have a beer in your hand at any time of the day. 


Saturday we layed out on floaties for an hour or so, and then proceeded to lay out on land.. Had eggs bacon and hashbrowns for breakfast, cheddar brats for lunch, and pulled bbq chicken sandwiches for dinner.  I never felt hungry.  I was actually still full when dinner came around, but since everyone else was eating, I made myself a plate... that is me being a fatty.  Saturday night we lit off fireworks that Nate and I got in South Dakota.  We found out that lighting them off pretty much on the water was pretty sweet.


We left on Sunday around 10am.  I didn't get home until 6pm :(  Traffic was horrible on the way back, and so was construction.  I dropped Scott and Sheena off in the cities and then I was on my way to Mankato.  Nate, being on his motorcycle, lost us around St. Cloud and went straight back to Mankato.  He was home by the time I dropped Scott and Sheena off.    


Last night I was so exhausted I ordered Chinese food and watched the Olympics the rest of the night.  Nate and Jr. went to the new Batman movie so it was nice having the house to myself. 


Now, I am still watching the Olympics :)... found the courage to weigh myself... and it was awful... 226.4... that's what I get for not caring.  Now I am drinking plenty of water to detoxify myself from Cabin Weekend.  I am on 50oz, with 50 more to go!  I am going to try to drink at least 100oz of water a day, and no pop.  I will keep you updated on this.  I also just download C25K (couch to 5k) on my phone, my plan is to do week1, day1 tonight. 


We took a lot of pics, but I am not sure where the camera is.. so those will be posted soon.  Now, I need to pee (again) and start working on cleaning this house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment