Monday, July 9, 2012

Need to take more pictures!

It's been a crazy 4th of July week.  Not only was it the first week of school, but of course it was 4th of July, there was a carnival in town called Fundays, which has rides, parades, games, and a Beer Garden. On top of that we had a friend stay for the weekend because he was in a softball tournament in town.  So obviously, hard to keep any sort of diet, which is why the scale read 223.4... :o/... oh well.  It's the beginning of a new week.


Let's start with the Fourth of July.  We had a really fun day.  It was technically lil N's mom's holiday, so we dropped him off at her house in the morning.  This gave us time to drive to South Dakota to buy some fun fireworks! They had them on sale for 3 for 1's.. so we came home with a truck full! We then met up with lil N and his mom and her boyfriend at my husband's aunt's house where they were swimming in the pool.  (this is where I wish I would have taken pictures)


     Side note:  I am blessed with my mixed family situation.  We get along with Nate's ex, she gets along with Nate's family, so she was at Nate's aunt's house so lil N could play with his cousins- even though it WAS her holiday so she could have done whatever she wanted, but she chose to hang out with our family. 


After the kids played in the pool, we went back to our house for some grilling! We had a TON of food for the 5 of us. 
Cheddar dogs, steak kabobs, and 2 kinds of pork chops


That would be Nate saying he is SUPER FULL!!


Don't worry we had a ton of left overs! As you can see, it doesn't even look like we touched anything.

Here are a couple other things I made for the Fourth thanks from inspiration from Pinterest. 




Fourth of July cupcakes.  Made with cake mix and a can of diet 7-up.  This makes the cupcakes with less fat and they are actually more airy.  I have been doing this for years, and people can not tell the difference. 

That awesome drink is just cherry kool-aid, blue low sugar gatorade, and diet 7-up.  It was a fun drink to serve on the Fourth! You can easily make it an adult beverage if you wish by adding some vodka ;)
To separate drinks, liquids with the highest sugar content will go to the bottom, then pour slowly the next lowest sugar content and top with a drink with little to no sugar content.  In this drink, the kool-aid had 20g, Gatorade had 7g, and diet 7-up had 0g. 


On to FUNDAYS! Saturday we got up early to grill out again with some friends and watch the annual FunDays parade.  I am going to say, the companies in the parades could have put a little more thought into their floats.  A lot of them were just pick-up trucks with their company logo.  It was still fun to watch, the kids got a lot of treats and the weather was perfect!  After the parade we went to the carnival.  We had lil N and his cousin with us.  We let them ride 5 rides each and play some games. 

(I have more pics from my new phone, but now I can't figure out how to post those...)

Any who, after the carnival we went home.  I wanted to watch my friend play in his softball tournament, so I left to watch one game.  They lost. 

That night the adults decided to go out.  I went with my friend to the Beer Garden.  He had never been there before.  Nate doesn't like beer, so he went straight downtown with his cousin and his cousin's girlfriend.  (kids stayed at grandma's).  The beer garden was packed and hot and lots of people just running into each other... not my idea of a good time, but I went because my friend wanted to go.  We stayed about an hour and a half and then took a cab downtown to meet up with the rest of our friends. 

Sunday, Nate had a couple tattoo's and I had to bartend 4-10.  Here is a tattoo Nate did on Sunday, I think it looks awesome! 


I would never get this on me, but I like the art work... My husband definitely has talent!

I will try to take more pictures of us as a family for the blog.  And I will try to stay on track and eat healthier, although we still have a half of flag of cupcakes left... but I might just toss them to get them out of the house. :) Until next time!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment