Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My mom got a Tattoo!

This weekend, my mom and my sister came down for some quality girl time. The original plan was to help me plant some plants in an area of my yard that is pretty sad looking.  The reality was my mom got a tattoo! Then we checked out Hobby Lobby, a local craft store.   Then went to Grizzly's for some grub and drinks and spent the rest of the night just relaxing with a couple more drinks.  It was a fun day, even though there are still no plants planted... I will have to do that some other time :)

Okay, now if any of you know my mother, the last thing you would expect her to get was a tattoo.  I got my first one 9 years ago, a couple months after I turned 18.  She at first was not happy about this.  It was my first real rebel thing I did in high school, since I never drank or never stayed out late.  After I got the tattoo, she got a little more okay with them.  Jump ahead about 6 years, and I meet the guy I am going to marry, a tattoo artist.  So with me getting three more tattoos and my sister getting three tattoos, my mom is thinking, tattoo's aren't that bad!  After much thought of what she wanted to get.. she decided on a cute little design of a boat on water.  If my mom and dad didn't have to work, I swear they would always be boating.  Here are some pics of the tattoo apt with my husband.. I have to say, my mom was a champ!






Some other new things this week, my husband bought the NutriBullet!  This is blender that blends whole fruits and veggies into drinks with no chunks.  I have to admit, I still haven't put veggies in my drinks, because, well I am just scared I am not going to like it, but I did make a couple delicious fruit drinks! 




My life is also consumed with homework... I forgot how hard it was to be in school, have to work full time, except this time I have a family to take care of also.  So far it's going pretty well, except that all the classes are online, which is getting hard getting used to.  Yes, it's nice because you can do your homework whenever and you don't have to go to class three times a week.. but honestly, I would rather go to class three times a week to keep myself on track.  Also, I like physically getting all the information handed out to me so I can look at it while looking at homework and the computer.  Another thing I don't like about online classes, is there was already an instance where I was supposed to attend an online session, which I did, but of course something went wrong and they didn't count me as there.  I sent a nice email to my professor explaining that I was there, but who knows if they will believe me.  Next time I will take pictures of the online session, just in case they have any questions. :) 

This is what I typically look like right now if you were to just randomly walk into my house:


Notebook in one hand, computer on my lap, textbook semi- falling off the couch... and of course Sadie has to be involved with what I am doing... if I didn't let her up on the couch, she would be nudging my arm for like 5 minutes.  It is easier just to let her up and do homework around her... soon enough she will get sick of me moving around and will move to a different location on the couch :)



Hope everyone is staying cool in this major heat spell we are having! I should probably start doing homework... :0/

Oh and I lost 2 lbs last week, go me!

1 comment: