Monday, March 11, 2013

Better Than Sex Cake

So I accidently bought sweetened condensed milk one day when I needed evaporated milk... the cans look way too similar.  So I decided to make some Better Than Sex Cake!! (or what I told lil Nate... Better Than "playing video games" Cake)  It turned out way too good, that I had to throw half of it away because I kept eating it.  I usually do this with sweets.  This way I don't eat it all.  Nate usually doesn't help me with the sweets in the house (unless it's chocolate chip cookies).  I don't know how he can keep his self control.. something I will never have. 

Here is the recipe.. via pictures!

 
The Ingredients:
1 Can Diet Coke
1 Jar Hot fudge topping
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Container of Cool Whip
1 box cake mix (I chose German Chocolate Cake)
 
 
I never follow the directions on the back of cake mix boxes anymore.  Just add 1 can of diet coke or I have used diet dew to the cake mix and voi-la! Cake without added fat or calories :)
 
 
It looks really fizzy once you start pouring it in.
 
 
Looks normal onces it's all mixed up.
 
Bake the cake following the directions on the back of the box.  I poured my cake batter into a 9x13 pan and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Next time I think I am going to do a 9x9 pan instead because my cake was really thin.
 
Once cake is out of the oven, poke holes in it with a wooden spoon handle or anything you can find... I used the other end of a beater from an electric beater (if that makes any sense at all..)
 
 
Pour sweetened condsensed milk over the cake making sure it goes into the holes. Make sure it completely cools after this step.
 
 
Once completely cooled spread the chocolate fudge over the cake.
 
 
Then add whipped cream :)
 
 
My personal touch... crushed up oreos!! And BAM! You have some delicioso cake that you won't be able to stop eating until you throw half away.
 
 
On a serious note:
 
 
I know I havent been posting much this year.  School has taken over my life, and I am struggling with personal issues I have been wanting to share, but haven't decided if I will or not.  I am going to contine to try to stay positive, try to keep up on my studies, and try to tell myself that I am doing all this to better myself.  The quarter is almost over (thank God) and I will have a couple week break.. so hopefully I will be blogging most of those days while trying to get my sanity back :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment