Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we went to my aunt's house about an hour and a half away.  I was in charge of baking the pies... and boy did I bake!  I have learned a couple things while baking pies this year...

1. pie recipes will almost always have you make for filling than a pre-made pie crust can hold.
2. make sure to READ the recipe!


 My first two pumpkin pies... Creamcheese pumpkin pie!... this recipe made 1 1/2 pies, ... the pie on the left is only about half full
 
 
Before shot of my apple pie.. never made this recipe before, it was delicious!
 
 
How many apples I had left over that the recipe called for... probably could have filled another pie, but I didn't have enough crust
 
After baking.. yum!
 
 Chocolate swirrled cheesecake!
 
 
My lesson of making sure to read the recipe, there is even a picture on the can!! I bought sweetened condensed milk, when it asks for evaporated milk!  This makes the third trip back to the grocery store for forgetting ingredients.. oops!
 
 
I put the already made pumpkin pie mix in the fridge until I bought evaporated milk, ended up making the pies the next day.
 
And now Thanksgiving dinner!  There were 26 people total I believe.  Everything was wonderful!
 
 
The table went in the living room and turned into the dining room to have enough space



The desserts! My favorite part :)




 
 
 
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
 
We even had time to do black Thursday shopping.  That post will be next!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment