Friday, November 30, 2012

30 day shred

I like starting things on the first of the month... or on a Monday.  Well this whole morning I thought it was December 1st so I started the 30-day shred.  I JUST looked at the date in the bottom right of my laptop... November 30th.. HA! I guess I am ahead of schedule.  Well that's good, I probably needed that extra day... holy crap I hate that workout dvd!  I struggled through it.  I stopped when she told me not to, I was watching the easier version of the workouts and then made my own easier version.  I.am.so.out.of.shape!  BUT, I need this.  I am obviously going to struggle, I have 50 lbs of extra weight weighing me down.  I am glad I did it. 

I took out a workout mat my husband bought me for xmas last year (per my request), and yep I never opened it...

Still in it's semi-box. 
 
I do have to say, thank you to Sylvia who commented on my last post.  As I was waking up this morning, I check my facebook and email, and to my surprise I had a nice encouraging comment waiting for me.  It was what made me think about starting the 30-day shred to actually doing to it. 
 
Today is my longest day of the week.  I get to bartend all day (10:30-9:00).  Good money, but like I said in the last post, working at a restaurant sucks when you are trying to lose weight.  Especially since I get free food for being one of the managers.  When I used to pay for my meals, I wouldn't eat there because I didn't want to pay.  Now, it's saving me money if I eat there, since I don't have to bring food from home.  This is what I had for lunch yesterday and probably the most healthy thing I could think of. 
 
 

6oz chicken breast, broccoli, and apples and grapes.  With a side of bbq.  (I had to dip the chicken in something!).  I will probably be having the same thing today.. yippee!!

As my mother would say.. "another day, another dollar".. let's hope I make more than a dollar today! (and hope that I am not so sore from Jillian by the end of my shift that I am crawling out of the restaurant.)

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. How do I get motivated with a freezer full of Christmas cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I am jumping on board. I need to get serious and lose some of last Christmas' weight before Christmas gets more on me. LOL Just dropping in from the hop to meet you and follow via GFC:)

    Now I need to decide what exercise program this old knees can handle. LOL

    Drop by anytime but Fridays are awesome (I have a no rules blog hop that goes live on Thursdays at 7pm mst)

    ReplyDelete