Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My First ever Link-up... hope I do it right?!?!

button



Some bloggers that I have been following are doing a Turkey Day Link Up. Since I was to be as cool as them, I am going to try to do this... but I am probably doing it all wrong.. bare with me. A lot of them did a video blog.  Let's be honest, I am still new to this blogging thing.  A video blog will not come until I have mastered typing!

1. What do you look forward to more: the food, football or parades?
Out of the three, I would definitely look forward to the food the most.  I like to have the parade on in the background, and I could care less about football... unless the Vikings actually are in the play-offs.. then I act like I know everything about football ;P

2. What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish?
Non-traditional? Our family is pretty traditional when it comes to Thanksgiving.  Although I have some aunts that like to make things that they see in magazines, on Oprah (when it used to be on), etc.. sometimes those dishes are a little non-traditional.  For the most part its Turkey (obviously), mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, salad, pie, etc.  Oh, now that I think about it... I have one aunt that ALWAYS makes glorified rice... do you know what this is?? rice with  colored marshmellows... i have never tried it, and i never will.

3. After dinner, is it football or a nap?
After dinner is.. football will be on the tv and all my uncles, and my father will be sitting around the tv watching  it  napping.  The women are usually visiting in the kitchen cleaning up.  I know, my family has sex roles down to a T.

4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float?
Thanksgiving day parade is usually on the tv, but we never really sit down to watch it.  It ends at noon usually (right?) so it's a nice way to relax with the family either before going to Thanksgiving dinner, or before everyone get to the house.

5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)?
This year we are going to my aunts house.  There will be about 30 of us there.  It always is usually a big get-together.  My parents also like to host, so it usually is every other year at their house, and every other year at one of my aunt's/uncle's house.  (My parents like to host because there are always a ton of leftovers ;) )

6. What is your favorite turkey day dessert?
I LOVE dessert.  This year I am in charge of most the dessert.  For 30 people... I will probably make pumpkin pie, apple pie and cheesecake.  My husband hates cooked fruit, so this is the only time I can enjoy apple pie :).. but he loves pumpkin pie.. so that's why I am making that... and what is Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie?!?!

Okay, I hope this link-up works! 

2 comments:

  1. It works! Thanks for linking up with Holly and me! Happy Tgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked!! See, it wasn't too bad, right? :) And I need more details on this glorified rice!!

    ReplyDelete