Thursday, June 13, 2013

Once money isn't an issue...

We all know by now that I am in school for nursing.  This December I will graduate with my LPN, take the boards in January or February and begin school again in March (hopefully) to start my RN program.  I am also hoping once I am an LPN I can get a job and make more than I am making now. 

Now, I am working at a restaurant and I cut back my hours to focus on school. This has caused a huge financial strain.  I have broken down more than once about how I am going to make it.  But, like always I talk to my husband about it and he makes me realize that everything is going to be fine.  And it will, once I start making the big bucks... until then I will continue working paycheck to paycheck strategically paying my bills so just the amount of money is in my account for each bill. 

Now I know most people don't talk about their financial situations in public, but I'm not normal.  I am here to show that there is another person out there that is struggling.  I will get through it, and once I get that first RN paycheck you guys will be the first third people I tell.  Now here is to what I am looking forward to with more money in my pocket:

- Getting my hair done. (it's been at least 6 months)
- not worrying about how I am going to pay to get my dog groomed
- being able to buy my husband/step-son gifts without having to save up for it
-not feeling guilty about going out to eat
- being able to go to weddings/showers/birthday parties
- not thinking about money all the time!!!
 
Until then, I guess I will hit the books so I don't fail any classes.  (we have to get at least a 78% test average to pass the class... and half our class is failing one of our nursing classes right now... i'm borderline)
 
My one year anniversary of this blog is in 12 days :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment