Thursday, June 20, 2013

11~11~11

button



I am linking up with some other bloggers to share about my wedding. 

Nate and I got married on 11-11-11.  The number has has always been prevelent in our marriage, example, when ever we see the clock at 11:11 we make sure the other knows about it (this was even before we were married).  Then we moved into our first house, and the address was 1111.  So we though since it landed on a Friday that year, why not have it on 11-11-11.  Once we decided that I had to get my baptism certificate for the church and holy crap, what day did I get baptised on... 11-11-84!! I think it was fate. 

 
 
As you can see we got married in a Catholic church.  Not my choice.  Nate is Catholic, I grew up Methodist.  I wanted at the church I grew up in, but after a long, long, couple month long disagreement, I gave in.  I will realize in the future, I will give in a lot to make him happy.  That's what being married is all about right??  I am happy we were married there, the pictures are amazing. 
 
Our reception was at a hotel about 2 blocks away from the church and 4 blocks away from all the bars.  Perfect location! 
 
 
This was what our receptionroom looked like.  It was perfect.  I hired a decorator - best decision I made for the wedding. 
 
 
The bridal party consisted of 5 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen, 2 ushers, flower girl and ring bearer.  I origionally had the girls pick out their own style of dress, but it had to be the same color and fabric.  Once 2 of them picked out the same style I changed the rule and everyone had to wear the same thing.  I wanted either all different or all the same.  I thought this dress they picked out was awesome, and flattered everyone.  

 
 
 
 
The colors were a deep purple,  The guys wore all black with deep purple ties.  Flowers were deep purple calalillies and white roses.  Oh, and the flowers were all fake...yep, didn't want to spend 70 dollars on a bouquet, when I could spend 25 on mine and 12 on the girls'... and I still have my bouquet.. and all the bridesmaids bouquets. 
 
 
The first dance was to "At Last" by Etta James.
 
 
 
Father Daughter Dance was "I loved her first" by some country singer...
 

 
And then the party started!!!
 

 
 
Best day of my life. 
 
 
Our honeymoon didn't really come until February 2012.. but we brought his son and his mom.. so I still think it was more of a family vacation.  It was fun, but not what I think a honeymoon should be.  Hopefully after school is done we will have a baby-making-vacation.  Only us. No mother-in-laws and no children :)
 
 
What would I change?  There really isn't much I would change.  It was about as perfect as it was going to get.  Yes, there were MINOR things that didn't go perfectly.. but I didn't let it bother me.  I think I might have splurged a little more on the photography and got a videographer.  I wasn't too impressed with the pictures and it would be nice to have a video of the day. 
 
After the wedding I really had wedding withdrawls.  I couldn't believe it was over, something I waited my whole life for.  I loved planning it, even though some times it was stressful, and if I looked at one more flower I was going to burst! but I truely missed it.  Now we are married... now what?!?! :)
 
 

 
 
 

 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment