Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day weekend!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dad's out there!  Including my own dad, husband nate and grandpa!!  I am so blessed. 

This weekend was busy and went by fast!  Friday I work my normal Friday shift which is bartending 10:30-8:30ish.  I have worked those same hours every friday for 2 years now, and Nate will still ask me what time I work.  Men, they never listen ;).  It was super slow for lunch, then my manager cut everyone except me and thats when everyone decided to come in.  I had about 11 tables going at one time.. all.over.the.restaurant.  That is a lot of orders to keep track of!!! But they came at a good pace so it wasn't too hard... just never stopped moving for about 2 hours. 

Saturday I was scheduled to close the restaurant managing.  This was a nice change because I actually had a Saturday day off so I could enjoy it!! I woke up super early, around 7 and tried to fall back to sleep, but at 7:45 I decided that wasn't going to happen, so I was up for the day.  I started my day off with a run. My goal for the day was 3 miles.  I did it!  I used a map my run app for the first time on my phone.  It was nice because it tells you once you hit each mile, so I knew that after I was done on the trail that I usually run on, I had to do a lap in my neighborhood to get the full 3 miles.  I ended with 3.3 miles in about 46 minutes.  I am pacing right now at about a 12:50 mile.  It's still pretty slow, but I don't mind, I am working on distance and endurance right now, not pace yet.  After my run Nate and I decided it would be fun to go on a motorcycle ride.  We should have looked at the radar before we left because we got hit in one of the worst rainstorms we have rode in.  We were soaked!!   Rain hurts when it's hitting you at 70 miles per hour!  We had to sit under a over hang and wait it out before our cold journey back home. 

 
We saw the storm coming... and we were going straight into it.
 
 
While we were stopped.. down pouring rain!
 
 
Soaking wet, but it makes for a funny story, I guess :)
 
After I got done managing the restaurant, I went downtown to see some friends I haven't seen in years!!! They were at one of my old roommate's wedding which was in town.  I am not sure if I lost that invite, or what because I had no clue until last week she was getting married that weekend.  Maybe I wasn't invited... I dont know.. oh well.  Anyway, I got to see a couple of our other roommates downtown and it was SO nice to see them.


Sunday (today) it was gorgeous!!! We went to Nate's aunt's house, she has a nice pool in her back yard and played with all of Nate Jr.'s cousins.  Nate Jr. loves swimming, I think he could swim all day if he wanted to.  Here are some pics of the afternoon.

Nate made a huge splash and splashed his grandma!! She thought it was hilarious.  If you can see in the pic, she is the one on the noodle on the left in the pool.

Nate Jr. jumping off the diving board!

Nate's cousin Andy showing off his diving board skills

 

All around fun day  for everyone!  Now the boys are at the new Superman movie.  I opted out to do homework... which I am procrastinating by writing this blog post.  This week is finals week, so maybe I should open a book and study... ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment