Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mud Run 2013

Yeah, I have been slacking at this blog.  Between school and work this quarter I have been very busy and when I am done with my assignments I just want to shut my computer.  BUT tonight, I am doing a post because I participated in my first 5K this weekend and want to share the pics :)

I did a Mud Run.  It was hard.  The ground that we had to run on sucked as it was in a field of tall grass mostly and it was very uneven.  I was worried I was going to roll an ankle!  I ran as much as I could the first half, then my friend fell off the monkey bars and hurt her knee so we walked the last mile with her.

Here are the pics that will sum up the experience.  They aren't in chronological order... bear with me.

Starting out clean!

And we're off!

One more pic before starting

Back and muddy!

Helping a friend over a log after she hurt her knee

Somewhere in the route



And I'm out of the mud pit!!!

Was stuck in the pit for like 5 minutes... seemed like an eternity!

One of the last obstacles

Sliding to the finish line!

Proud I finished :)

I am continuing with my running.  I want to run a 10k in October, so that is my goal now.  I am the same weight as I have been for the last couple months.  Hopefully with longer runs, I will shed weight a little faster. 

My quarter for school is up in 2 weeks (thank god) so I am also going to try to post more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment