Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Gender Prediction Wives Tales

I am now 14 weeks (tomorrow officially).  So far this pregnancy has been easy peasy.  I haven't gotten sick yet.  I have some aches and pains, but that's about it.  Oh and the tiredness... I have fallen asleep more times on the couch than I care to admit. 


So I am planning on doing something small with my immediate family for a gender reveal.  I feel like I know what it is, but who really knows except the baby at this point!  I have been doing some research and found a fun list of Wives Tales that predict the gender.  Let's go through some items on that list shall we?


1. Heart Rate:
If the baby's heart rate is above 140bpm it's said to be a girl. If it's under 140bpm than it will be a  boy.  Gender prediction: GIRL - first ultra sound it was 160. Yesterday it was 156.


2. Shape of Belly:
If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl.  If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, its a boy. Gender prediction: inconclusive - I have no belly (let me rephrase that) I have no BUMP yet. nadda, nothing,... are you in there little fetus?


3. Acne:
If you have acne while pregnant, it's a girl. It's thought that the acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones. Gender prediction: GIRL -  yes I have more acne :(


4. Cravings:
People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnancy you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice then you are having a baby girl. Gender prediction: GIRL - bring me all the cookies, cakes and donuts you can! - oh wait, doc only wants me to gain 10-15lbs...


5. Moodiness and a Little Pecker (ha!)
If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have more extra girl hormones in you. If your pregnancy makes you smile and be more happy you are having a boy because there is a little penis inside of you (lol). Gender prediction: BOY - I have been a happy little camper thus far


6. Chinese Gender Chart
the Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month she conceived. Gender prediction: GIRL - it worked for my mom and a couple of my cousins!


7. Dream of Sex of Baby
If you are having dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. Gender prediction: GIRL - I dreamt that I had a boy and kept leaving it places and forgot that it was my child... yikes!!!


8. Clumsy vs. Graceful
If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she is having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she is having a boy. Gender prediction: BOY - I have been dropping things left and right


9. Side You Most Rest On
If the pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she is having a boy.  If she prefers the right side, it's a girl. Gender prediction: GIRL


10. Morning Sickness
if you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it's a boy.  If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy count on a girl. Gender prediction: BOY - what's morning sickness?


I have 6 for girl and 3 for boy with one inconclusive.. We will find out in August!!

No comments:

Post a Comment