Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Hair, Camping, and Surprise Parties!

Again, I will say, I am sorry I really suck at taking pictures.  I should probably just but a digital camera and hang it around my neck at all times.  I haven't updated in a while, I haven't run in a while, I haven't weighed myself in a while :(  So all in all, I have been eating like a fat girl, drinking like a fat girl, and being lazy like a fat girl. 

Friday I had a day off.  I admit I was hung over from a night out with friends.  It was just supposed to be me and my friend Lexi, it turned into about 10 others from our work that joined us... gotta love random nights out! That also means I didn't run on Friday.  I did have a hair appointment though, which I love!

processing...

Not much different, just back to dark and you can't see the regrowth any more :)
 
Friday I also had to finish all my homework for the weekend before heading off to Apple River bright and early Saturday morning. 

Saturday we wake up at 6:00am.  4 hours earlier I was just getting to bed after finally finishing all most of my homework.  Nate and I head off to Apple River which is in Somerset, WI.  This is a campground that 18-30 year-olds go to drink, float down a river (once or twice), and drink some more.  Once we get there, we set up camp and head to the river.   Unfortunately it was raining on and off all day.. (like the only day of the summer it has rained, of course) but we wouldn't let that stop us!  The temperature was still warm enough that we weren't that chilly going down the river, and beer will warm anyone up!

Floating down the river took about 3 hours, then we showered, got dinner, and sat around the campfire the rest of the night.  This is where I found out that I am old and not much of a party-er than I used to be.  By around 3am, I was ready for bed because I had a family function to attend the next day and I wanted to feel okay for it.  I lay there, try to sleep, 4am.... 5am... still loud music, people having a great time, people getting to know each other "very well". So 6am comes around, I still haven't slept a wink.  Time for me to go.  Nate and I drove separate, so I told him I had to go to my parents and try to get a couple hours of sleep before the family get together. 

Sunday, after driving to my parents, I get there around 7:15 in the morning.  Go to sleep, wake up around 10:30 and feel surprisingly fine!  Let me tell you, Gatorade at the end of the night and a couple Advil with water is the hangover preventer!  I should do that more often!

On Sunday, my parents, sister and I drove up to St. Cloud for a 40th anniversary party for my aunt and uncle. They were surprised, it was a success!!  It was nice talking to aunts and uncles I haven't seen in a while.  After the party, we went home, then I had to drive another hour and a half to get back to Mankato, and finish the paper I didn't finish on Friday. (why do I procrastinate?!?!?)

Back into the swing of things, back to work, soon I will be back to running.  It is hard to run after a 9 hour shift on your feet serving tables... and that is what I usually work.  So I will say on Saturday I will be back on track.  I will keep you updated. 

I will try to take more pictures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment